New Patient Center
Welcome to Castro Valley Companion Animal Hospital!
Serving Castro Valley, CA and other surrounding communities in the East Bay Area since 1992.
When We're Open
Monday: 8am -8pm
Tuesday: 8am – 6pm
Wednesday: 8am – 6pm
Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Friday: 8am – 6pm
What To Expect
When you are looking for a veterinary hospital you should be able to count on superior care and excellent service. We at Castro Valley Companion Animal Hospital have assembled an expert team of veterinary professionals to bring you the best possible healthcare for your pet. We have a state of the art veterinary facility which is clean, comfortable, and efficient. Call (510) 582-6311 to schedule an appointment and we will find a time that is convenient for you.
Once a year, or every 6 months for senior pets, you should take your pet in for a check-up. This will include a full physical exam, and may include teeth and gum cleaning if needed. Dr. Rene Gandolfi or Dr. Kim Bercovitz will check the health of your pet from head to tail, making sure to examine eyes, nose, ears, mouth, paws and limbs, and internal organs.
Bring in any medical history you have of your pet when you come to our hospital. It’s best to keep a journal of your pet’s health throughout his or her life, including behavioral shifts. If you have something like this, share it with our team. If not, let us know everything that you think will be important. Dr. Gandolfi and Dr. Bercovitz can still work with whatever information you have.
In some circumstances, Dr. Gandolfi or Dr. Bercovitz will refer you to a specialist who has advanced expertise in areas such as internal medicine or surgery.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients’ needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card. If paying with a check, we will request to see your driver’s license.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Castro Valley Companion Animal Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6-12 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we’ll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.carecredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6-12 Months
- Determined Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets